Here is a descriptive and non exhaustive list of the most interesting visas to study abroad you can use to come to France

Generally it is important that applications for visas should be submitted 7 to 12 weeks before your arrival in France.

HelloStudyFrance Visastamp


For non-EU students :

Short- stay Visas ( Passing through the Schengen area)

  • Short-stay visas for students

This visa allows its holder to come to France to study in a french language school for stays not exceeding 90 days.
These 90 days can be used on a period of 180 days. It is not renewable. This visa does not allow its holder to work in France unless a request for authorising temporary work is submitted.

  • Competitive examinations students visas

This visa allows its holder to apply for an interview or an entrance exam in a private or state college.
Should the student succeed he/she can submit a request for a one-year renewable residence permit, without returning to his/her country.


Long- stay Visas

  • Special long- stay visas (students, artists, visitors...)

This visa is valid 4 to 6 months maximum.
It allows for one to come to France and follow a short-term study (in a french language school for exemple) only as a visitor without working. We can then help the students with our services if they decide not to attend classes.
This visa does not require a residence permit, and is not renewable.

  • Long- stay visas (TS/TITRE DE SEJOUR /Residence Permit)

This visa as its name suggests provides a renewable one-year residence permit. Its application must be submitted two months after coming to France.
The holder of this visa can study or attend a training course (french immersion course in a french language school for exemple) or even come as a visitor if the person can live in France with sufficient resources.
The duration of this visa can exceed 6 months.
Important supporting documents will be required to obtain these long- term visas.
All these visas thus depend on the reason and the length of the stay you have planned.
The 90- day limit is therefore essential to know.

More infos on our Blog article

  • Visa combining Work and Vacation

This fully expanding visa allows one to come to France for a whole year to work and study abroad in our french language schools for exemple.
It is the result of a specific agreement among several countries, therefore not all countries are concerned.
Here is a list of the countries that have an agreement with France over the PVT :

Asia :

  • Hong Kong
  • Japan
  • South Korea
  • Taïwan
  • Singapour
  • Turkey
  • Russia

America :

  • Argentina
  • Canada
  • Chili
  • Brazil

South Pacific :

  • Australia
  • New Zealand

Furthermore you must be 18 to 30 years old to apply for this visa, and some countries deliver a limited amount of visas per year.
Students willing to study abroad especially in France and living in the EU don't need of course to apply for a visa.


HelloStduyFrance Visa